Monday, August 28, 2006

Editing...

I have just gone through my third editing process with my third publishers. Every one of them has a different approach and style they use in the editing process, which I find fascinating. None of them have been daunting some are just more in-depth.

Editing is the backbone of the publishing world; it is your calling card to who you are as a writer, an author. Editing can make you shine or shred the fabric of your work.

In the end, the only concern I have is that my voice is clear, left unchanged to who I am as an author. Each one of us has a particular tone or pattern that is reflected within our crafting. As long as an editor does not change that, but enhances your work with their editing that is what matters to the some of the total called editing.

Skylar Sinclair.
www.skylarsinclair.com

No comments: