Sunday, August 26, 2007

What every author dreads...

I woke up Saturday morning to news that MGP (Mardi Gras Publishing) was in trouble. The owner had been offline with computer problems from the beginning of August and to date, is still offline. No new books have been released and the authors are in a panic.

I have eight books with this publisher, along with over 60 covers I have created for authors of MGP. I am one of the lucky ones that was paid for the last quarter, but many have not faired so well, finding out some never have been paid and others had their checks from MGP bounce. All this adds up to big-time trouble for the publisher. Though, I will never recoup any money for July and beyond, I know there are good and responsible publishers in this field and look forward to my books finding their way to those types of publishers.

Happy hot reading,

Skylar Sinclair.
http://www.skylarsinclair.com/

No comments: